Saturday, February 2, 2013

Music Is Love

Last night I saw Emeli Sande in concert. When I heard Emeli was coming to Seattle I knew I had to see her. When she released "Heaven" in 2011 I was smitten. The voice that comes from her is simply amazing. Emeli has written for many artist, performed during the opening and closing ceremony of the London Olympics and currently has the best selling album in the UK.

Her lyrics, style and stage presence is incredible. This woman was truly blessed with a gift and I am so thankful she is sharing it with the world. I have had Emeli Sande's album on repeat for the last few weeks. Her music resonates with me from a deep place and every single song on her album is good. That doesn't happen often. 

Emily King and Jenna Andrews opened for Emeli Sande and let me say Emily King is a force to be reckoned with. Not only does she have a phenomenal voice, there is something genuine and real about her. I had chance to thank Emily at the end of the show for re-tweeting my tweet about her performance, she gave me a hug and thanked me. So incredibly genuine and talented. A perfect combination. Emily started her career in 2004 releasing her first album and being nominated for a Grammy in 2007. Expect great things to come from her. She's the real deal.

Jenna Andrews stepped on stage with her guitar and sang from the heart. Listening to her voice you feel real emotion from a place that's personal and beautiful. She has soul and I'm looking forward to seeing what's next from her. 

All three ladies share a passion for music and they also rocked great fashion on stage. Emeli Sande wore a long fitted plum colored skirt with a black long sleeve lace top tucked in with ankle booties. Emily King wore a fun red long sleeve button up ruffled collar shirt, fitted jeans and cowgirl boots with fabric detailing. Jenna Andrews rocked pattern leggings, a moto jacket and fierce grey platform heels. 



Emeli Sande





Emeli Sande


Emily King 


Jenna Andrews

No comments:

Post a Comment